Diversity Champions programme
Diversity Champions programme
At Stonewall, we imagine a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in this making this world a reality. But inclusion is not a given.
The Diversity Champions programme is the leading employers’ programme for ensuring all LGBTQ+ staff are free to be themselves in the workplace.
We work with over 850 organisations across the UK. Every one of our Diversity Champions shares our core belief in the power of a workplace that truly welcomes, respects and represents LGBTQ+ employees.
What members say
Why become a Diversity Champion?
The most inclusive employers develop structured and systematic policies and practices. They embed inclusion across their entire organisation.
As a Diversity Champion, we'll help you embed LGBTQ+ inclusion by:
- Supporting you to enter the Workplace Equality Index and Global Workplace Equality Index. These tools will tell you where you're doing great things and where you can improve.
- Providing tailored email and phone support and advice.
A diverse workforce creates diversity of thought, action and innovation. But in a competitive market, your workplace and culture needs to stand out to jobseekers.
As a Diversity Champion, we'll help you attract and recruit LGBTQ+ talent by:
- Giving you the Diversity Champion logo to use on promotional materials.
- Listing you on our Proud Employers careers site, Stonewall’s LGBTQ-inclusive jobs board, enabling you to attract diverse talent and position your organisation as an inclusive employer of choice. Access is granted exclusively to Diversity Champions and all members receive five free adverts when they first join the programme.
Becoming a Diversity Champion means joining a community of over 750 employers. Collaboration and learning from your peers keeps you at the cutting edge of practice.
As a Diversity Champion, we'll help you build your network through:
- Access to our annual series of seminars and webinars. Topics range from Workplace Equality Index best practice to global mobility.
- Discounted rates to our Workplace conferences, where you can connect with hundreds of colleagues across sectors.
- Facilitated introductions to other organisations.
We've been running the Diversity Champions programme since 2001. Years of working with employers in the UK and globally has informed our knowledge and expertise.
As a Diversity Champion, you'll benefit from knowledge and expertise you can trust. You will:
- Gain access to our resources. These give you step-by-step guidance on different areas LGBTQ+ inclusion. From inclusive policy to senior leadership, our suite of resources is always expanding.
- Having your policies reviewed for LGBTQ+ inclusion by our in-house team of experts.
- Receive discounted rates to our workplace training. Stonewall training provides your team with the knowledge and confidence to play their part in creating an inclusive workplace.