The Global Workplace Equality Index is the definitive benchmarking tool for global LGBT workplace equality, designed to meet the specific needs of multinational organisations.
In more than half the world, LGBT people may not be protected by workplace law. LGBT people face discrimination in every country, and same-sex relationships are criminalised in more than 70. This poses serious legal, ethical and practical challenges to global employers.
The Global Index enables organisations to navigate these challenges and make progress towards LGBT equality, no matter where in the world they operate.
Participating organisations are invited to tell us about their work against a range of criteria, from global anti-discrimination policies to LGBT staff networks and the way they support community groups around the world. Each section covers foundations, next steps and best practice, helping organisations to self-assess their progress and identify priorities.
Even if you've just completed the Workplace Equality Index, the scope of the Global Index gives you a chance to assess your progress on LGBT inclusion across all your operational countries, and to be celebrated not just for your achievements in Britain, but around the world.
Last year, the Global Index went through an extensive consultation process with our members. It’s now much simpler for organisations that are just getting started, is more intuitive than ever, and gives organisations a clear and rigorous action plan for their work across the globe.
When the Top Global Employers are announced in June 2018, we'll celebrate the hugely progressive practices the best organisations are championing globally.
30 October 2017: Global Workplace Equality Index launches
23 February 2018: Global Workplace Equality Index closes
- Taking part is completely free
- High-performing organisations will be celebrated as Top Global Employers with a number of additional awards available
- Participating helps you to assess your organisation's achievements and progress on LGBT equality across your global operations - you'll be able to make sure LGBT inclusion is embedded in every country and region
- Taking part is a great way to show your commitment to the new UN Standards of Conduct for business on tackling discrimination against LGBTI people
- Even if you've completed our Workplace Equality Index, the scope of the Global Index gives you a chance to assess your progress on LGBT inclusion in your workplaces around the world
- You can compare your performance with other global organisations
- Stonewall Global Diversity Champion members receive in-depth tailored feedback from our experts
Looking for more reasons to participate? Download our booklet.
Who can participate?
The Global Workplace Equality Index is free to enter and is open to any multinational organisation.
Top Global Employers 2017
Stonewall’s Top Global Employers is the definitive list showcasing the best multinational employers for LGBT staff. The list is compiled from submissions to the Global Index.
Congratulations to our Top Global Employers and award winners for their outstanding achievements, and thank you to all who took part. With your continued partnership, we can ensure that all LGBT employees are accepted without exception, wherever they are in the world.
Many thanks to our launch partners, Herbert Smith Freehills.
Looking to find out more?
To find out more about the Index or becoming a Global Diversity Champion, email us or fill in the form below and one of our team will be in touch.