New briefings now available
The Global Workplace Briefings shine a spotlight on the situation for LGBT people in different countries.
Each briefing advises employers on how they can create inclusive and equal workplaces for LGBT employees around the world, outlines the legal, socio-cultural and workplace situation for LGBT people in the specified country, and showcases progressive workplace practices from Stonewall’s global membership programme.
- Briefings launched in April 2018: Brazil, China, Hong Kong, India, Italy, the Philippines, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, UK, USA
- Briefings launched in December 2016: Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Spain, United Arab Emirates
How to use them
The Global Workplace Briefings:
- provide a legal overview, which can support HR and policy teams to ensure initiatives are legally compliant and supportive of LGBT colleagues
- share good practice examples from global employers, to inspire and inform HR, diversity teams and LGBT networks
- provide a summary of in-country contexts for global mobility teams, helping them to identify where LGBT colleagues may need additional support when travelling internationally
- can be shared with staff considering an international posting, to support them to make an informed choice about working abroad
Next steps and further information
These briefings provide an easy to read and succinct summary but are by no means exhaustive.
Each briefing contains the number of our Global Diversity Champions operating in the country, examples of best practice and interviews with leading NGOs.
Contact your account manager to be connected to our in-country partners and to get bespoke guidance on your global activity.
We would like to thank our partners for their support and continued commitment.