As part of Stonewall’s commitment to bi equality, we are proud to launch the Stonewall Bi* Empowerment programme.
It will empower attendees to celebrate what it means to them to be bi and build a collective sense of solidarity.
*Stonewall uses bi as an inclusive term to encompass anyone who self-identifies as being attracted to people of more than one gender.
What the programme offers
The programme will give delegates the chance to:
- Celebrate their own and each other’s bi identities.
- Develop a sense of validity as a bi person.
- Explore their own journey as a bi person and the shared experiences they have with other bi people.
- Understand what solidarity within bi communities can look like and why it’s important.
- Develop strategies for practicing positive self-care and understand how self-care should be a radical act.
- Create an active and supportive network of other bi people.
Who can attend
Stonewall's Bi Empowerment programme is designed for anybody who’s attracted to people of more than one gender.
We actively seek a diverse a range of participants for this programme. We're keen to hear from people from a range of ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds, people of faith, and individuals of different abilities.
Community programmes are grant-funded, free-to-attend programmes that take place throughout the UK.
We encourage anyone to apply for a place on these programmes, but particularly welcome applications from community groups, third sector organisations and individuals. Due to demand, places are limited to two per organisation.
How do I apply?
Our next Community Bi Empowerment Programme is in Manchester, 29 Janurary 2020.
Applications are now closed - We will let you know if your application is successful by 15 January 2020.
Can I complete my application in a different format other than the online form?
Absolutely. If you require a different format of application please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
We can also arrange for someone from our team to call you and complete the application over the phone. Call us on 020 7593 1850 if you'd like to complete your application over the phone. Someone from our team will take a message and arrange to call you back.