Holding a fundraising event at school, college or university is a fantastic way to not only raise vital funds to support our work but comes with loads of other benefits.
- It’s a fantastic team building exercise with your fellow pupils and teachers
- It’s a fun way to learn about the issues that affect young lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people in this country and around the world
- Show how your school is committed to supporting and improving the lives of LGBT people
You’ve probably got loads of amazing and inspired fundraising ideas already but just in case, here are a few to get you started.
- Hold a film screening in your school hall of our DVD’s ‘FIT’ (Secondary) and ‘FREE’ (Primary) and sell tickets in aid of Stonewall
- Hold a rainbow non-uniform day with pupils donating £1 to take part
- Organise a school disco, talent competition or concert at your school with the ticket sales coming to Stonewall
- Organise a sponsored walk or run around the school field
- Always chatting in class? Then do a sponsored silence for Stonewall for one hour! It’s harder than you think…
- Organise a bake sale, coffee morning, breakfast club or tuck shop at your school and sell items in aid of Stonewall
Download our fundraising pack
For more ideas and tips download our fundraising pack and get started!
Whatever you’ve got planned we’re here to support you every step of the way. We can offer advice and guidance on your fundraising plans and supply fundraising materials such as posters, stickers and collection tins.
Most importantly of all, we’ll provide bags of enthusiasm and encouragement along the way.
Get in touch by email at email@example.com or call 020 7593 3477.