Train the Trainer for primary schools
Stonewall's 'Train the Trainer' course will give participants the tools, techniques and confidence they will need to train other staff in school on how to tackle homophobic bullying.
“Fantastic and very informative” | “Clear guidance and advice” | “Stonewall should train other organisations on how to deliver training”
99.9% felt more confident to tackle homophobic bullying in their schools
99.9% would recommend Train the Trainer to others
Feedback from 2014
Our next Train the Trainer courses for primary schools will take place at the locations below:
Attending a Train the Trainer course means your school will become Stonewall School Champions for a year, with the support, guidance and recognition this entails (please see below).
If you would like to become a School Champions member but cannot attend any of the courses above, you can fill out this online form.
£80+VAT for existing Stonewall School Champions
Young people in primary school are particularly susceptible to homophobic bullying and language. Seven in ten primary school teachers say they hear homophobic language from pupils. Nine in ten teachers want to tackle the problem, but have never been trained on how to prevent and respond to homophobic bullying.
Stonewall's Train the Trainer series provides pastoral, PSHE and anti-bullying leads with all the knowledge, skills and confidence to train other staff on tackling homophobic bullying and celebrating difference. It also provides support on how to positively celebrate difference in an age-appropriate way and how to meet the requirements under the new Ofsted inspection framework.
- Learn practical techniques to train other staff in your school on how to tackle homophobic bullying and celebrate difference.
- Gain an overview of the current state of homophobic bullying and its impact on pupil achievement and school performance.
- Find out how to meet your Ofsted and legal requirements under the 2012 inspection framework and the Equality Act 2010.
- Be inspired by best practice from other schools.
Schools participating in the programme will receive Stonewall school champions status with a range of benefits including:
- An extensive pack Stonewall's age-appropriate 'different families' primary school
resources, including our 'Celebrating Difference' training DVD, FREE ( posters, postcards, curriculum guides and learning resources.
- Free access to all School Champions twilight seminars held around the country for any staff in your school
- Ongoing support, guidance and best practice from Stonewall’s education team, with access to our helpline for schools throughout the year
- The opportunity to apply for free for our Bronze, Silver and Gold School Champions awards
- Regular newsletters, briefings and opportunities exclusively for School Champions, as well as exclusive use of the School Champions logo
- Discounted access to future Stonewall events, conferences and training seminars
School Champions status is something to be proud of. Have a look at some local coverage of the fantastic work some of our primary School Champions are doing.
Who should attend?
- PSHE staff
- Anti-bullying coordinators
- Pastoral leads
- Other interested school staff/education professionals
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Alex on 020 7593 1862.