Stonewall's Workplace Trans Allies progamme empowers attendees to be active and positive allies who work to create more inclusive workplaces for all trans people.
What the programme offers
- Explore and better understand language and terminology
- Hear personal stories from trans people and learn about the lived experiences of trans individuals in society and at work
- Recognise your influence and responsibility when it comes to creating an inclusive workplace
- A deeper understanding of the common impacts of transphobia on trans people and the trans community
- Practical ways to step up as an effective and positive trans ally
- A network of trans allies who can create more inclusive workplaces together
Who can attend
Stonewall’s Trans Allies programme is designed for non-trans individuals at any level of an organisation and from any sector or industry.
Stonewall is looking for a diverse range of participants for its programmes. We want to hear from professionals from a range of ethnic backgrounds, people of faith, disabled people, women and non-binary people – and those at the intersections of these identities.
We offer in-house programmes for groups of 12 to 36. Email email@example.com to book now or find out more information.
Two or more organisations may share the cost as a cluster programme. This collaborative approach brings employees or partners together to achieve the aims of the programme and build networks across participating organisations.
In-house Workplace programmes:
- £5450 + VAT for an in-house programme of 12 to 36 people for members of our Diversity Champions programme
- £6500 + VAT for an in-house programme of 12 to 36 people for non-members
Open Workplace Programmes
We also offer open workplace programmes with a mixture of sectors and organisations which take place throughout the UK.
Open workplace programmes:
- £410 + VAT per person for members of our Diversity Champions programme
- £475 + VAT per person for non-members
How do I apply?
Applications for our next Open Workplace Trans Allies Programmes are now open:
28 April, London: Apply here
Applications close for this programme on 7 April 2020.
We will let you know if your application is successful by 14 April 2020.
25 June, Liverpool: Apply here
Applications close for this programme on 4 June 2020.
We will let you know if your application is successful by 11 June 2020.
Can I complete my application in a different format other than the online form?
Absolutely. If you require a different format of application please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can also arrange for someone from our team to call you and complete the application over the phone. Call us on 020 7593 1850 if you'd like to complete your application over the phone. Someone from our team will take a message and arrange to call you back.
I am determined to support my trans colleagues and customers on a journey where the destination is hopefully true equality for all. As an ally, I take responsibility to consistently influence our working culture and practice to be inclusive and take a zero-tolerance approach to bullying, harassment and discrimination.
JOHN GLENTON, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF CARE AND SUPPORT, RIVERSIDE HOUSING
98% of participants 'strongly agreed' or 'agreed' that they now understood what it means to be an inclusive and active ally in the workplace
98% of participants 'strongly agreed' or 'agreed' that they have identified achievable ways to step up as an ally as a result of the programme
Please see our cancellation policy here.