As part of Stonewall’s commitment to trans equality, we are proud to launch the Trans Allies programme. It will empower attendees to be active and positive allies who work to create more inclusive workplaces for all trans people.
What the programme offers
- Explore and better understand language and terminology
- Hear personal stories from trans people and learn about the lived experiences of trans individuals in society and at work
- Recognise your influence and responsibility when it comes to creating an inclusive workplace
- A deeper understanding of the common impacts of transphobia on trans people and the trans community
- Practical ways to step up as an effective and positive trans ally
- A network of trans allies who can create more inclusive workplaces together
Who can attend
Stonewall’s Trans Allies programme is designed for non-trans individuals at any level of an organisation and from any sector or industry.
We actively seek a diverse a range of participants for this programme, we're keen to hear from allies and LGB people from a range of ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds, people of faith, and individuals of different abilities.
Community programmes are grant funded, free to attend programmes that take place throughout the UK. We encourage anyone to apply for a place on these programmes, but particularly welcome applications from community groups, third sector organisations and individuals. Due to demand, places are limited to 2 per organisation. To apply for a place please use the links below. If you have any questions or require a plain text version of this form, please email email@example.com
Newcastle: 22 August 2019 - APPLICATIONS FOR THIS PROGRAMME ARE NOW CLOSED
Bristol: 3 September 2019 - APPLY NOW
We offer in-house programmes for groups of 12 to 36. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book now or find out more information.
Two or more organisations may share the cost as a cluster programme. This collaborative approach brings employees or partners together to achieve the aims of the programme and build networks across participating organisations.
We also offer open workplace programmes with a mixture of sectors and organisations which take place throughout the UK. Please check back soon dates.
- £5250 + VAT for an in-house programme of 12 to 36 people for members of our Diversity Champions programme
- £6000 + VAT for an in-house programme of 12 to 36 people for non-members
Open workplace programmes:
- £325 + VAT per person for members of our Diversity Champions programme
- £365 + VAT per person for non-members
I am determined to support my trans colleagues and customers on a journey where the destination is hopefully true equality for all. As an ally, I take responsibility to consistently influence our working culture and practice to be inclusive and take a zero-tolerance approach to bullying, harassment and discrimination.
JOHN GLENTON, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF CARE AND SUPPORT, RIVERSIDE HOUSING
98% of participants 'strongly agreed' or 'agreed' that they now understood what it means to be an inclusive and active ally in the workplace
98% of participants 'strongly agreed' or 'agreed' that they have identified achievable ways to step up as an ally as a result of the programme
Please see our cancellation policy here.