This module will provide you with the knowledge, tools and confidence to support LGBTQ+ children and young people in your school or college as well as to prevent and tackle homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying and language.
This 4 hour CPD accredited e-learning module is designed to help you to develop the knowledge, tools and confidence to better support LGBTQ+ children and young people. Complete your online course in a half day sitting, or dip in and out when time allows. Learn at your own pace and at a time to suit you. Our e-learning courses are packed full of essential information, practical advice, and interactive activities.
At Stonewall we aim to put accessibility at the forefront of all that we do and want to make sure our learning can be accessed by all. You can find out more by reading our accessibility statement.
When you book onto e-learning with Stonewall you agree to our terms and conditions.
45%of LGBTQ+ young people have experienced HBT bullying at their school or college
40%of LGBTQ+ young people are never taught anything about LGBTQ+ issues at school
90%of trans young people haven’t learnt where they can go for help and advice
- Increase your knowledge of LGBTQ+ terminology
- Understand the experiences of LGBTQ+ children and young people at school and college
- Understand how different aspects of a child or young person’s identity intersect to shape their experiences
- Understand the law and your obligations in relation to LGBTQ+ inclusion
- Identify your role in keeping LGBTQ+ children and young people safe, and free from stigma and discrimination
- Understand how to prevent and tackle homophobic, biphobic and transphobic (HBT) bullying and language
- Know what you can do to support lesbian, gay and bi children and young people
- Know what you can do to support trans children and young people
- Consider how LGBTQ+ inclusive practice can be embedded across your setting
I feel the content of this course has been very thorough in highlighting the difficulties that LGBT CYP can and often do face. It has built on my prior knowledge and made me question and analyse past and current practices.
Flexible and affordable
All of our e-learning modules cost £35 (+VAT) per person, or £25 (+VAT) per person for School & College Champion members in England. If you're a member and don't already have your discount code, get in touch.
- Buy 11 places for the price of 10 (£250 +VAT)
- Buy 60 places for the price of 50 (£1,250 +VAT)
- Buy 125 places for the price of 100 (£2,500 +VAT)
Stonewall School & College and CYPS members can find more information on accessing the discounts here.
After attending this training I am more aware of LGBTIQ+ issues and ways in which I can make my practice inclusive for all, as well as measures to tackle HBT bullying.
Already booked your place?
If you've already booked your place on this module,go to the Stonewall Learning portal.
Get in touch
If you are in England: Email email@example.com or call 020 7593 1850.
If you are in Scotland: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are in Wales: Email email@example.com