STONEWALL IS CAMPAIGNING FOR ACCEPTANCE WITHOUT EXCEPTION.
LGBT rights and equality have progressed significantly in the last 25 years, but we need the UK government to continue to champion these rights.
It’s vital that we address the discrimination that continues to limit many lesbian, gay, bi and trans people from living a safe and fulfilling life here in the UK and in other countries. We need all parties and all MPs to help us achieve true equality, where everyone is accepted without exception, whoever they are, wherever they are.
During the 2017 general election campaign, we highlighted six key issues that we want the government to focus on. These include:
- Protecting and extending LGBT rights after the UK leaves the EU.
- Tackling hate crime and discrimination.
- Making our schools safe and supportive for LGBT young people.
- Improving health and social care services
- Making sport everyone’s game
- Ensuring the UK actively supports LGBT rights abroad.