Supporting LGBT+ communities through and beyond COVID-19.
With the brilliant support of the National Lottery Community Fund, Stonewall are running several free-to-attend community programmes in England throughout February and March 2021.
The COVID-19 pandemic is still having a significant impact on LGBT+ people, exacerbating existing levels of inequality. After a series of consultations on the needs of LGBT+ communities, we have designed a series of free, digital workshops to amplify LGBT+ people’s voices and empower LGBT+ people and their allies to champion progress for our communities.
The free, digital programmes on offer:
- LGBT+ Changemakers. 23 February, 10am-4pm. A workshop to equip LGBT+ community organisations with the tools and knowledge to create change in their communities, and influence others to support them on their journey.
- Delivering LGBT+ Inclusive Services. 24 February/2 March, 2-4pm. Workshops to help organisations supporting marginalised people to ensure that their work reaches and supports LGBT+ communities.
- Decolonising Queer Leadership. 12, 19, 26 March. A 3-part programme aimed at LGBT+ people of colour, who want to develop their skills in creating lasting change in their communities and build collective power through challenging society’s constructed power norms.
- Sports Futures. 23 March. A summit for LGBT+ communities in sport who are underrepresented within their sport, and/or within sport media coverage. The one-day programme will include skills workshops, sessions on how to create inclusive spaces, and networking opportunities. There will be particular focus on LGBT+ PoC; trans people; lesbian, bi, and trans (LBT+) people in women’s sport; and disabled LGBT+ people.
How to sign up:
- By clicking on the links above, you’ll be able to explore the different free-to-attend community programmes, with information about accessibility and how to apply.
- You can attend as many of these workshops as you like, provided you are eligible. You can find eligibility criteria on each workshop page.
If you want to get in touch with questions about any of the programmes, please email email@example.com.
23 February, 10am-4pm. For LGBT+ organisations that wants to build allies and partnerships in their local community and beyond.
24 February/2 March, 2-4pm. For organisations supporting marginalised members of society, to ensure their work reaches and supports the LGBT community.
12, 19, 26 March. For LGBT People of Colour who want to create lasting change in their communities.
23 March. For underrepresented groups in sport, to learn how they can support and empower each other as well as themselves.