Top 100 Employers
The Top 100 Employers list is compiled from submissions to the Workplace Equality Index. Each organisation featured has done exceptional and pioneering work to help make sure that every LGBT employee can be themselves in the workplace.
2017 Award Winners
- Employer of the year: Lloyds Banking Group
- Network group of the year: University of Greenwich LGBT+ Staff Network
- Senior champion of the year: Nev Kemp, Chief Superintendent, Sussex Police, Commander for Brighton and Hove, Sussex police
- Role model of the year: Jenny Fallover, Delivery Programme Manager, Thomson Reuters
- Ally of the year: Maziar Jamnejad, Senior Associate, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Star performers: Accenture, Barclays, EY, Gentoo, Goldman Sachs, Home Office, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust and Simmons & Simmons. See what they've been doing.
Workplace Equality Index
The Workplace Equality Index is a powerful benchmarking tool used by employers to help ensure all lesbian, gay, bi and trans employees can be themselves in the workplace.
Those who take part know that people perform better when they can be themselves.
Participating employers demonstrate their work in 10 areas of employment policy and practice, from training to community engagement. At the same time, staff from across each organisation complete an anonymous survey about their experiences at work
Organisations then receive their scores, enabling them to understand what’s going well and where they need to focus their efforts, as well as see how they’ve performed in comparison with their sector and region. The 100 best performing organisations are celebrated publicly.
As a benchmarking tool, it’s the best in the class."
Mark McLane, Managing Director, Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion, Barclays
Over 90,000 employees completed the staff survey, one of the UK's largest national employment surveys
Over 430 organisations across a range of sectors and regions took part in the 2017 Index
Being able to benchmark against a broad range of organisations through the Workplace Equality Index provides us with confidence that our approach is delivering success for our staff and communities.”
Melanie Hockenhull – Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service
Interested in participating?
Contact our team today on +44 (0)20 7593 3473 or email us.
Previous Top 100 reports
Top 100 reports from the last seven years can be found in the Top 100 archive.