The Young Campaigners programme is a free six-month programme open to all UK-based 16-21 year olds, kindly supported by Lloyds Banking Group.
The programme provides young people with the training and support needed for them to start campaigning in schools, colleges, universities, communities and online to tackle the discrimination and bullying of young lesbian, gay, bi, trans and questionning (LGBTQ) people. Previous participants have created videos, posters, blogs, training resources, delivered workshops and and teacher training sessions.
What we're looking for
We are looking for 40 passionate, motivated and creative young people from all backgrounds (and from around the UK) to work with us to help create a world where everyone is accepted without exception. You don't have to identify as LGBTQ to apply; as long as you have a passion for equality and a determination to make positive change then we want to hear from you. As well as learning new skills and increasing their confidence, participants will meet other young people with a passion for equality and forge long-lasting friendships. Each young camapigner will be matched with a mentor who will offer practical support and advice throughout the programme,
- 1 August 2018 - Applications open
- 7 September 2018 - Applications close
- 12 September 2018 - All applicants are contacted and informed about the outcome of their application
- 25 to 27 October 2018 - Residential training event near London where young campaigners develop their project management and campaign delivery skills and meet their mentor
- November 2018 to April 2019 - Young campaigners spend six months researching, designing and delivering their campaigns in their schools, colleges and wider communities
- May 2019 - Stonewall Youth Awards hosted by Lloyds Banking Group
Stonewall covers all costs relating to the programme including travel to and from the residential venue and all meals.
If you have any questions about the programme please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org