What the programme offers
The programmes will create a space for participants to:
- Celebrate BAME and/or PoC LGBTQ identities
- Explore the challenges BAME and/or PoC LGBTQ people face in society
- Establish practical ways of stepping up as a BAME and/or LGBTQ role model
- Create a network of people with shared or similar experiences
- Understand how to be more resilient and practice positive self-care
Who can attend
Stonewall's BAME/PoC LGBTQ Role Models programmes are specifically for BAME/PoC who identify as LGBTQ.
We actively seek a diverse a range of participants for this programme. We're keen to hear from BAME LGBTQ people from a range of ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds, people of faith, and individuals of different abilities.
Community programmes are grant-funded, free-to-attend programmes that take place throughout the UK. We encourage anyone to apply for a place on these programmes, but particularly welcome applications from community groups, third sector organisations and individuals. Due to demand, places are limited to two per organisation. If you have any questions or require a plain-text version of our application forms, please email email@example.com
We will soon be releasing dates for the BAME/PoC LGBT Role Models Programme in 2020.
Register your interest here to be updated about these upcoming programmes.
Tashan and Cairo are both Stonewall alumni after attending Stonewall’s BAME/PoC LGBT Role Models Programme between 2017 and 2018. Click on each video testimonial to hear about their experience of the programme.