What the programme offers
The programmes will create a space for participants to:
- Celebrate BAME and/or PoC LGBTQ identities
- Explore the challenges BAME and/or PoC LGBTQ people face in society
- Establish practical ways of stepping up as a BAME and/or LGBTQ role model
- Create a network of people with shared or similar experiences
- Understand how to be more resilient and practice positive self-care
Who can attend
Stonewall's BAME/PoC LGBTQ Role Models programmes are specifically for BAME/PoC who identify as LGBTQ.
We actively seek a diverse a range of participants for this programme. We're keen to hear from BAME LGBTQ people from a range of ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds, people of faith, and individuals of different abilities.
Community programmes are grant-funded, free-to-attend programmes that take place throughout the UK. We encourage anyone to apply for a place on these programmes, but particularly welcome applications from community groups, third sector organisations and individuals. Due to demand, places are limited to two per organisation. To apply for a place please use the links below. If you have any questions or require a plain-text version of this form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Manchester: 29 August 2019 - APPLY NOW
Tashan and Cairo are both Stonewall alumni after attending Stonewall’s BAME/PoC LGBT Role Models Programme between 2017 and 2018. Click on each video testimonial to hear about their experience of the programme.