Stonewall is delighted to be delivering free Role Models programmes for people of colour who identify as LGBTQ.
Participants will have the opportunity to reflect on what being a person of colour and LGBTQ means to them, and how they can play an active role in furthering inclusion and acceptance without exception.
Our mission is to ensure that LGBTQ people of colour have visible role models in their communities and see celebrations of difference and intersectionality wherever they live, shop, work, socialise and pray.
At Stonewall, we believe anyone can be a role model. They don't have to be perfect, on a pedestal, always senior or the same for everyone. A role model understands the influence they can have and uses that influence to create positive change.
These are free programmes, kindly supported by the City Bridge Trust.
Who can apply
The programmes are for people of colour who identify as LGBTQ.
Delegates will be selected on their sphere of influence within their communities and on their contribution to the diversity of the programmes.
Those who demonstrate a clear self-reflective and other-focused way of thinking, as well as a commitment to creating inclusive cultures and communities, will be prioritised.
Each programme is designed for up to 36 delegates.
What the programmes offer
The programmes will create a space for participants to:
- Celebrate BAME and/or PoC LGBTQ identities
- Explore the challenges BAME and/or PoC LGBTQ people face in society
- Establish practical ways of stepping up as a BAME and/or LGBTQ role model
- Create a network of people with shared or similar experiences
- Understand how to be more resilient and practice positive self-care
- Cost: free
- Travel and accommodation: Stonewall will reimburse travel costs incurred. Travel should be of a modest standard in keeping with Stonewall’s status as a charity. However, we cannot reimburse accommodation costs
- Programmes: you may only attend one of the programmes
This programme is only open to those who identify as LGBTQ and as BAME and/or a person of colour.
More open programme dates around the UK will be added soon.
Find out more
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +44(0)20 7593 3464