We are delighted to be running a Role Models programme specifically for bi people to explore what it means to be a visible bi role model in the workplace. This one-day empowerment programme enables bi people to:
- Reflect on personal experiences and increase their confidence in bringing their authentic self to work
- Establish practical ways of stepping up as a visible role model in the workplace
- Celebrate difference, improve inclusion and increase visibility in their workplace
This programme is being very kindly hosted by Dentons LLP.
Date: Wednesday 13 September
Times: 9am to 5.30pm
Location: Dentons LLP, 1 Fleet Place, London, EC4M 7RA
‘Bi’ is an umbrella term, and this programme is for anyone under the bi umbrella. For instance people who identify as pansexual, heteroflexible, non-heterosexual, bi-curious, queer, or whose sexual orientation is fluid, are all welcome to apply.
Places are limited to 36.
Stonewall and bi people
Stonewall continues to work towards bi equality, but we know bi people face challenges including: invisibility, a reluctance to identify as bi because of fear of discrimination, and exclusion, all of which leads to significantly higher levels of distress and mental health difficulties for bi people.
- Stonewall’s Top 100 Employers Report this year found that only 18% of bi men and 14% of bi women are comfortable being out to all colleagues, managers and customers or service users
- The same report identified that only 23% of bi people could identify a bi role model in their workplace
- £325 + VAT per person for members of our Diversity Champions programme
- £365 + VAT per person for non-members