Individuals make change happen
The Stonewall one-day Allies programme gives non-LGBT individuals the opportunity to explore what it means to be an ally and the space to identify how they are going to create an inclusive environment for everyone.
What the programme offers
- Insight into what it means to be yourself
- Understanding of what it means to be an ally and why it's important to have visible and active allies in the workplace
- Practical ways to step up as an ally
- Opportunities to explore and develop inclusive behaviours and approaches
- Active listening skills and techniques for having good-quality conversations
- Increased motivation and confidence to become a visible and influential ally
- A network of peers from across a range of sectors and communities
Who can attend
Stonewall’s Allies programme is designed for non-LGBT individuals at any level from any sector or industry.
We want to hear from professionals from a range of workplaces. We encourage diversity across our programmes, in terms of ethnic backgrounds, people of faith, disabled people and women – and those at the intersections of these identities.
More open programmes around the UK will be added soon.
- £325 + VAT per person for members of our Diversity Champions programme
- £365 + VAT per person for non-members
Annie is an Anglican Chaplin from York St John University. As a Stonewall programme alumni, she is committed to being a visible ally and finding effective ways to stand proudly by the side of LGBT people. Read Annie’s story.
As a result of the Allies programme, our Vice Chancellor now has a monthly reminder in his diary asking what he is doing as an ally for our LGBT staff in the coming month.
85% of participants ‘strongly agreed’ or ‘agreed’ that the programme made them more confident in stepping up as an ally to LGBT people
81% of participants ‘strongly agreed’ or ‘agreed’ that the programme helped them to contribute to positive change in their workplace
I now understand the importance of others being themselves in the workplace and the collective benefit that brings.