Stonewall's Education Champions programme provides bespoke support and guidance to local authorities to tackle homophobia, biphobia and transphobia in local schools and support LGBT young people in their community.
- Exclusive initial needs assessment to assist your local authority in prioritising and embedding work around tackling and preventing homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying
- Assistance with your submission to Stonewall’s Education Equality Index
- Stonewall representation at two local events - this can include training for school or local authority staff
- Priority access to new resources
- Free good practice seminars to hear from, and share experiences with, other local authorities
- Regional meetings
- Networking opportunities with colleagues from other local authorities
- Discount on orders of Stonewall’s acclaimed education resources
- Regular eBulletins providing information on national policy, events and good practice
- Discounted registration for the annual Stonewall Education for All Conference
- Joint branding and exclusive use of the Stonewall Education Champion logo for internal and external communications
- Two free advertisements on Stonewall’s Proud Employers job site
We have a very limited budget. How can I justify the expense?
Joining the Education Champions programme is an extremely cost-effective way to demonstrate your commitment to preventing and tackling bullying in your schools. Not only does membership include the extensive package of benefits listed above, but also we will provide you with the tailored support, guidance and expertise to create measurable outcomes, helping you and your schools to comply with the Equality Act 2010.
Will joining the programme create extra work for us?
The Education Champions programme is designed to go hand in hand with much of the work you are already doing, whether that’s around safety, anti-bullying or school improvement. We will work collaboratively with you to draw up an action plan, help you celebrate current good practice and develop the work being done to prevent and tackle bullying in schools.
My local authority is changing. Is the programme still relevant to us?
Local authorities have an important role to play in tackling and preventing homophobia, biphobia and transphobia in the wider local community. All schools, including academies and free schools, have a duty to cooperate with local authorities to improve children’s welfare. Membership of the Education Champions programme provides local authorities with the tools to deliver the strong strategic role laid out by the Department for Education.
Membership of the Education Champions programme is £1,500 (+VAT) per year. If your local authority is already a Stonewall Diversity Champion, membership is at a reduced rate of £,1250 (+VAT) per year.
Click here to fill in the Education Champions registration form.
If you would like more information on Stonewall's Education Champions programme please email email@example.com or call 020 7593 2821