Individuals make change happen
The Stonewall Leadership Programme is a unique opportunity for senior LGBT professionals to explore what it means to be an authentic leader and to reflect on the relationship between your identity as an LGBT person and your leadership performance in the workplace.
What the programme offers
The Stonewall Leadership Programme is a CPD-accredited intensive two-day residential, which offers a selected group of 36 professionals a powerful opportunity to:
- Reflect on how their identity as an LGBT person has an impact on their role as a leader in the workplace
- Find out for themselves what it means to be a leader
- Explore how they can be a more effective organisational role model
- Network and forge on-going relationships with other lesbian, gay, bi and trans professionals from the private, public and third sectors
Who can apply
Stonewall’s Leadership Programme is a specially designed programme for LGBT professionals at a senior management level from any sector or industry.
Stonewall is looking for a diverse range of participants for its programmes, especially those that are currently underrepresented at application stage. We want to hear from senior LGBT professionals from a range of ethnic backgrounds, people of faith, disabled people, women and non-binary people – and of course those who are at the intersections of these identities.
Sam is Lieutenant Commander Royal Navy and co-chair of the Compass Network (the sexual orientation and gender identity network of the Naval Service). The Leadership Programme gave Sam the confidence to be more open about herself, to not worry so much about what people thought and offered her a better understanding of other people. Read more of Sam's story.
100% of delegates rated the programme as 'excellent' or 'very good' overall
100% said they fully or mostly achieved what they wanted from the programme
Applications for the 2017 Leadership Programme will open in June this year.
If you would like to find out more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call 020 7593 3479 for further information.
- £1255 + VAT per person for members of our Diversity Champions programme
- £1905 + VAT per person for non-members
Programme rates include the following:
- Two-day residence at Fanhams Hall, including overnight accommodation on Wednesday and Thursday
- All meals and refreshments including evening reception dinner on Wednesday and Thursday
- The two-day programme
- Attendance at the six-month reunion including lunch and refreshments
Please note: We encourage participants to arrive on the night of Wednesday 23 November for networking opportunities and dinner.
Now in its 13th year, the Stonewall Leadership Programme is underpinned by the notion that people perform better when they can be themselves. Having visible role models, especially those who we don’t ordinarily see, is crucial to changing workplaces. The programme focuses on the idea that the most effective leaders are able to be themselves in their approach and explores how sexual orientation and gender identity relate to this.