At Stonewall, we believe that all young people have the right to an empowering learning environment, regardless of their gender. That’s why we have worked with UCL, Cardiff University and University of Brighton to develop a new training course for schools.
This course, available in various locations in England, equips teachers with the tools to understand and tackle harmful gender stereotypes in schools. This course is available to primary schools, secondary schools and colleges.
Stonewall is working with the Government Equalities Office to offer free bespoke training to eligible primary schools. If more than 14% of your pupils are eligible for Pupil Premium and you’re based in an eligible area, you could apply for a free training package for your school.
Find out more here - FREE Stonewall Training Primary Schools
During this course, participants will:
- Develop an understanding of how pupils are affected by gender expectations and stereotypes at school
- Know how to make positive changes to tackle gender stereotypes in their own school contexts
- Feel empowered to pass on their learning to other colleagues at school
By the end of this course, participants will have:
- The skills and tools to create a learning environment where all students are able to thrive, regardless of gender
- An understanding of gender stereotypes
- An understanding of the impact of gendered and sexist language
- Guidance on meeting inspection frameworks and legal requirements
- Best practice insight from schools and colleges in tackling gender stereotypes
Upcoming Stonewall courses
To book onto one of the courses, please click on the BOOK NOW links which will take you to the booking page,
6 March 2019 - London Train the Trainer - BOOK NOW
13 March 2019 - Lancaster Train the Trainer - BOOK NOW
21 March 2019 - Nottingham Train the Trainer - BOOK NOW
14 May 2019 - Chester Train the Trainer - BOOK NOW
7 June 2019 - Leeds Train the Trainer - BOOK NOW
18 June 2019 - London Train the Trainer - BOOK NOW
27 June 2019 - Birmingham Train the Trainer - BOOK NOW
Get in touch
This course is currently only available in England.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss anything further, please contact email@example.com or call 020 7593 1850.