Update in light of Covid-19: Due to the current circumstances, we are unable to offer face to face training. However, you can now access e-learning and you can still become a member of the School & College Champions programme. You can also click here to read an update from our CEO.
At Stonewall, we believe that all young people have the right to an empowering learning environment, regardless of their gender. That’s why we have worked with UCL, Cardiff University and University of Brighton to develop a new training course for schools and colleges.
This course, available in various locations in England, equips teachers with the tools to understand and tackle harmful gender stereotypes in schools and colleges. This course is available to primary schools, secondary schools and colleges.
By booking a place on a Stonewall course, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of School & College Champion Membership, which can be found here.
During this course, participants will:
- Develop an understanding of how pupils are affected by gender expectations and stereotypes at school and college
- Know how to make positive changes to tackle gender stereotypes in their own contexts
- Feel empowered to pass on their learning to other colleagues at school or college
By the end of this course, participants will have:
- The skills and tools to create a learning environment where all students are able to thrive, regardless of gender
- An understanding of gender stereotypes
- An understanding of the impact of gendered and sexist language
- Guidance on meeting inspection frameworks and legal requirements
- Best practice insight from schools and colleges in tackling gender stereotypes
Upcoming Stonewall courses
To book onto one of the courses, please click on the BOOK NOW links which will take you to the booking page.
In order to keep everybody safe from Covid-19, we may sometimes need to postpone training courses or change venues. If you book a place on a course, we'll let you know about any changes as soon as they happen. We'll contact you about changes to your booking over email, so make sure you give us the correct email address when you book. If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com
Our team offer consultancy services on a range of issues including policies and curriculum, you'll find more information here.
Dates and locations for the 2020/21 academic year to be confirmed.
It was very interesting to hear about the research and what we do without realizing it. The course offered good opportunities to talk with teachers in other types of school as well as schools like mine.
There were lots of opportunities for discussion, which allowed real life examples to be shared. It helped me to evaluate what we are doing well and identify where we need to go next.
100% of participants would recommend 'Gender in the classroom' to others
Feedback from 2018-19
Get in touch
This course is currently only available in England.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss anything further, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7593 1850.