Pride month is a time for LGBTQ+ people and their allies to celebrate our identities and the steps that have been made towards equality.
Marking the month shows your staff, service users and customers that you are committed to LGBTQ+ equality. However, it is also a time to reflect on the work still to do and understand the current challenges facing the community. This session will look at the history of the Pride movement and explore its relevance today. We will also discuss how organisations can use this time to show their support for the LGBTQ+ community in a meaningful and impactful way.
Join us for a 2-hour interactive workshop at 10:30 on 09 June 2022. You'll gain knowledge around the history of Pride, and the confidence to plan meaningful Pride celebrations for your organisation.
- What will I learn?
By attending this session you will:
- Understand more about the LGBTQ+ Pride movement and how Pride is celebrated today
- Explore some of the current challenges still facing the LGBTQ+ community, at work and in wider society and why Pride is still so needed
- Discuss how organisations can best use this time to support the community and how we celebrate meaningfully while many of us are working remotely
- Who can attend?
This session is perfect for:
- Professionals from any level of an organisation across all sectors
- Members or leaders of an LGBTQ+ Network Group
- HR and D&I teams
- Students and unwaged people who want to learn more about the history of Pride and how we can meaningfully celebrate in a workplace settings.
- What else do I need to know?
The session will run for two hours from 10:30 - 12:30 on 9th June 2022. It'll be held on Zoom and you'll be provided with the link to join shortly before the session.
The agenda will be:
- 10:30 - 11:00 - Special guest speaker
- 11:00 - 11:30 - Workshop facilitated by Stonewall inclusion experts
Non-Diversity Champions members - £75.00 (exc. VAT)
Diversity Champions members (private sector) - £65.00 (exc. VAT)
Diversity Champions members (public & third) - £45.00 (exc. VAT)
Student/unwaged - £12.00 (inc. VAT)
Please note that bookings are limited to four per organisation. If you require more than 4 bookings, or would like to book this workshop in-house for up to 50 members of your team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want our events to be accessible to everyone. All delegates should expect to feel safe, welcome and included at our events. You can read our access statement here.
These sessions will run via Zoom with up to 50 delegates. There will be smaller break-out rooms for delegates to complete optional discussion activities. Here is a link to the accessibility features Zoom offers.
We will have members of the team on tech and well-being support throughout the session. There will be a British Sign Language interpreter for all open sessions, and captions will be available. For more information please read our access statement.
If you have any access needs, please email us. We will do our best to accommodate these.