Our annual CPD-accredited Stonewall Scotland Workplace Conference is a must-attend event for everyone involved in the delivery of workplace equality, diversity and inclusion.
Now in it's 10th year, the Stonewall Scotland Workplace Conference brings together people from public, private and third sector organisations to share the latest innovative thinking, learn about current best practice and develop ideas for creating inclusive workplaces, where everyone is able to be themselves. This year along with our traditional interactive breakout sessions, we are also including 5 information sessions. These sessions will feature panel discussions, giving a platform for different voices and expert opinion on a variety of topics.
- Date: Friday 17 November 2017
- Time: 9.00am- 5.30pm
- Venue: Edinburgh International Conference Centre (EICC), The Exchange, 150 Morrison Street, Edinburgh, EH3 8EE
The Stonewall Scotland Workplace Conference gives you the opportunity to meet people from the UK's leading employers to share ideas about how to make workplaces more inclusive for lesbian, gay, bi and trans staff, including:
- Senior business leaders
HR and diversity professionals
LGBT staff and allies interested in equality at work
Employee network groups
Learn best practice
- Choose from 12 breakout sessions and 5 information sessions on topics including trans inclusion, inclusive service delivery and line management, how to develop your staff network and supporting the mental health and wellbeing of your LGBT staff.
- Learn from Stonewall inclusion specialists and get best practice examples to help you build your inclusion work
- Leave with practical strategies and access to the latest Stonewall research and resources which will help ensure that your organisation remains at the forefront of LGBT inclusion.
Expand your network
- Connect with professionals from all sectors in our networking zone.
- Share expertise with leading organisations and top LGBT networks.
- Learn more about Stonewall’s campaigns and resources and how to use them in your workplace.
- Hear from inspiring people who will empower you to create change in your workplace. We will be releasing more details about our keynote speakers soon.
Super Early Bird Rate
(First 25 tickets)
Early Bird Rate
(Ends 30 September 2017)
(1 October - 17 November 2017)
Student, Graduate and Third Sector
All prices exclude VAT
Book your place
Registration and Networking Zone: 9.00am
- Keynote speakers
Breakout Session A
Session A1: Trans 1.0
Session A2: Practising Your Values: Inclusive Line Management
Session A3: Starting Out in Inclusion: Making Policies and a Business Case
Session A4: Bi Representation in our Workspaces
Session A5: The Role of Global Organisations: Inclusion For All
Session A6: Inclusive Service Delivery
Information Sessions (new for 2017!)
Session B7: Trans Experiences in the Workplace
Session B8: Authentic Leadership – Conversation with Darren Towers, Executive Director, Stonewall
Session B9: Role Models and Allies
Session B10: Mental Health and Wellbeing
Session B11: Students and Graduates
Breakout Session B
Session C12: Trans Allies
Session C13: Senior Leaders and Inclusive Strategies
Session C14: Setting up a Network
Session C15: Developing your Networks Through Mentoring
Session C16: Global LGBT People
Session C17: Inclusive Marketing and Comms
- Afternoon Keynote speakers
Event ends: 5.30pm
We want our events to be accessible to everyone. The Edinburgh International Conference Centre is a fully accessible venue. We will have changing rooms available as well as a prayer room. There will be a palantypist in the opening and closing sessions.
If there is anything we can do to make the event better for you please get in touch. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0131 474 8019
2016 conference feedback
97% of respondents rated the 2016 conference as ‘excellent’ or ‘good’
Fantastic panel and speakers who set the tone for the day perfectly.
Really enjoyed. Friendliest and most upbeat conference I’ve been to in years! (Not been to a Stonewall one before!)
This has been my first Stonewall conference and it has provided me the opportunity to reflect on what I can start to do back in the workplace. I’m feeling motivated to make a change! Thanks!
For more information about our Workplace Conference please email email@example.com or call 0131 474 8019.