Due to COVID19 these programmes have been postponed. We are currently looking at digital delivery options and will update you when we know more. For those who have already booked onto a programme, we will of course keep you a place on the revised dates/programme.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch via email@example.com
Stonewall Scotland’s Empowerment Week is an opportunity for you to develop your skills as an inclusive ally or as an LGBT role model in your workplace and community.
What the Programmes Offer
Half-Day Allies Programme
Our half-day Allies programmes are designed to give non-LGBT people the chance to learn what it means to be an active ally and the space to identify key actions to create an environment that is inclusive for everyone.
The programme offers you the chance to develop:
- An insight into what it means to be yourself and privilege
- Understanding of what it means to be an ally and why it is important to have visible and active allies in the workplace
- Practical ways to step up as an ally
- Increased motivation and confidence to become a visible and influential ally
- A chance to develop a pan-organisational network of allies from organisations in your region
Half-Day Role Models Programme
The Stonewall half-day LGBT Role Models programme gives individuals the opportunity to explore what it means to be a role model and the space to identify how they are going to create an inclusive environment for everyone.
The programme offers you the chance to:
- Develop your insight into and understanding of what it means to be yourself and how this relates to being an LGBT role model
- Develop your confidence in being a visible and influential role model
- Explore practical ways to step up as an LGBT role model
- Network with a pan-organisational group of LGBT peers from organisations in your region
Stonewall Scotland is committed to ensuring that attendees on our programmes are able to participate in a safe and supported environment. Through different interactive exercises, we encourage delegates to challenge themselves, grow their understanding and develop new connections with the people in the session. Exploring issues and developing knowledge of different identities is encouraged and we see all identities as valid. Debating the validity of identities in not accepted on our courses.
For Empowerment Week 2020, our half-day programmes will be:
- Half-Day Allies
- Half-Day LGBT Role Models
- Half-Day Senior Allies
Who can attend
Our Allies programmes are designed for non-LGBT individuals who want to explore how they can stand up as allies in their workplaces, communities and wider society. Our programmes are designed to support individuals from private, public and third sector organisations.
Our LGBT Role Models Programme is designed for LGBT professionals at any level from any sector or industry who want to develop their skills and confidence in stepping up as a Role Model in their workplaces, communities and wider society.
Our Senior Allies programme focuses on equipping non-LGBT individuals holding positions of influence with the confidence to step up as an active ally and create meaningful change within their organisations.
We welcome a diverse range of participants to our programmes, especially those that are currently underrepresented. We ensure that our programmes are accessible for all non-LGBT professionals, including individuals from a range of ethnic backgrounds, people of faith, people with accessibility needs and/or are D/disabled – and of course those who are at the intersections of these identities.
How to book
Information on how to book coming soon.