The Stonewall Scotland Empowerment Week is designed to be an opportunity for individuals to attend a programme which will show how they can support LGBT people in their workspaces and wider communities. From 2 - 6 September 2019, the Stonewall Scotland team will deliver four, sector-specific, half day Allies programmes across Scotland and the North East of England.
What the programme offers
Our half-day Allies programmes are designed to give non-LGBT people the chance to learn what it means to be an active ally and the space to identify key actions to create an environment that is inclusive for everyone. The programme will offer:
- An understanding of LGBT identities and terminology
- An insight into what it means to be yourself and privilege
- Understanding of what it means to be an ally and why it is important to have visible and active allies in the workplace
- Practical ways to step up as an ally
- Increased motivation and confidence to become a visible and influential ally
- A chance to develop a pan-organisational network of allies from organisations in your sector
Stonewall is committed to ensuring that attendees to our programmes are able to participate in a safe and supported environment. Through different interactive exercises, we encourage delegates to challenge themselves, grow their understanding and develop new connections with the people in the session. Exploring issues and developing knowledge of different identities is encouraged and we see all identities as valid. Debating the validity of identities in not accepted on our courses.
For Empowerment Week 2019, our half-day Allies programmes are specifically for non-LGBT people working in the following sectors:
- *RESCHEDULED* Friday 27 September: Higher Education - 12:30 - 16:30 - Central Edinburgh - Book Now
- Wednesday 4 September: Emergency Services - 11:00 - 15:00 - Central Newcastle - Book Now
- Thursday 5 September: Professional, Financial and Legal Services - 10:00 - 14:00 - Central Glasgow - Book Now
- Thursday 5 September: Senior Leaders - 15:00 - 19:00 - Central Edinburgh - Book Now
- Diversity Champion Members Rate - £100 + VAT
- Standard Rate - £120 + VAT
Please note that all programmes will include a short networking lunch* which is included in the cost of the ticket.
*Senior Leaders session includes a networking reception after the programme
Who can attend
These Allies programmes are designed for non-LGBT individuals within your organisation, who want to explore how they can stand up as allies in their workplaces, communities and wider society. These programmes are specifically designed for individuals working in the Higher Education, Emergency Services and Professional, Financial and Legal Services sectors as well as senior leaders from all sectors.
We welcome a diverse range of participants to our programmes, especially those that are currently underrepresented. We ensure that our programmes are accessible for all non-LGBT professionals, including individuals from a range of ethnic backgrounds, people of faith, people with accessibility needs and/or are D/disabled – and of course those who are at the intersections of these identities.
How to book
If you wish to book onto one of these programmes please click on the booking link below.
Allies programme for Higher Education sector - Book Now
Allies programme for Emergency Service sector - Book Now
Allies programme for Professional, Financial and Legal Services - Book Now
Allies programme for Senior Leaders - Book Now
Please see our cancellation policy.
If you have any further questions about our programmes, your booking or anything else related to Stonewall Scotland’s Empowerment work, please reach out to your Client Account Manager, or the Stonewall Scotland Programmes team via firstname.lastname@example.org