At Stonewall, we believe that all attendees should be able to fully participate in our events and feel comfortable doing so.
We are taking measures and efforts to ensure that we organise events that are accessible to all. We commit to ensuring that as far as possible we work with you to accommodate any reasonable adjustments that you require. We will take feedback on access issues seriously and work to ensure that we improve and develop after every event.
Please find the LGBTQ+ Leadership Programme Access Statement below. If you would like a more detailed version, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 7593 1850 and we will get back to you.
- Blue badge parking is free of charge – the first 4 bays on the right side as you enter the car park. You do not need to pre-reserve these spaces.
- The forecourt (path from accessible parking spots to venue entrance) is concrete.
- There is a route for taxis to drop delegates directly outside the entrance to the venue.
- The registration point is DDA compliant
- Seating is provided for guests at reception - there are two armchairs. If you would like alternative seating at reception, we are happy to provide this - just let us know.
Corridors and access routes
- Floors of the corridors downstairs are made from polished marble and some polished wood. Upstairs the corridors are carpeted.
- Corridors are no narrower than 1 metre throughout the building
- Wheelchair accessible toilets are located on the ground floor. You can access these via lift from the main session room (Hertford and Ware).
- If you require step-free access, you will be allocated to one of the step-free access breakout rooms on the ground floor where the wheelchair accessible toilet is located.
- The closest station is Ware Station, which is 2.5 miles away from the venue. The station has a single platform with step-free access.
- It has a capacity of 110 people, but at this event there will be maximum of 50 people present.
- The layout of the room will be cabaret style
- The room is accessible via lift
- There are two sets of double doors into this room. Staff will be available to assist delegates upon entrance
- There are windows that will be open throughout
- The lighting is LED spotlights which are adjustable
- It has a capacity of up to 80 people cabaret style, but at this event there will be maximum of 50 people present.
- The layout of this room will be cabaret style.
- The walls are oak panelled.
- The room has two entrances. The main entrance from reception is via a ramp.
- The doors into this room are double manual doors - staff will be available to assist upon entrance.
- There are windows that will be open throughout.
- There are side wall lights that are adjustable.
- Smaller break-out rooms will have a capacity of 12 people.
- Please let us know if you require step-free access as some break-out rooms are accessed via stairs. You will be allocated one room for the duration for your learning set so we will ensure that this room suits your needs.
For more information about accessibility at this venue, please email us at email@example.com.
- There will be a quiet room available for delegates.
- There will be seating available.
- There will be materials available such as mental distractions, calming activities and useful information leaflets.
- There will be a multi-faith room available.
- Gender-neutral toilets will be available.
- Accessible toilets will be available by reception in the Conservatory Bar.
- Large print
- Coloured paper
- BSL Interpreter (on request)
- Palantypist (on request)
- Free ticket for support worker
- Refrigerated storage
- Varied seating options
- Pronoun stickers will be available.
- There will be Stonewall staff to support during registration.
- Colour coded lanyards to show preferred level of engagement with strangers.