Everest Basecamp Trek

17 Sept - 4 Oct 2015 / 19 Nov - 6 Dec 2015

Take part in this beautiful challenge and experience an unforgettable time walking through the Himalayas.


You’ll make your way to the foot of the world’s highest mountain, and see many more stunning peaks along the way. You’ll be well taken care of, with great food provided, and support given by local guides and traditional Sherpas. You’ll stay in local tea houses and lodges throughout the trek so no camping required! After a good night’s sleep, you’ll be ready for the exciting days ahead…

One of the great things about this particular trek, is that you are given plenty of time to acclimatize to the height at which you’re walking (over 5,000 metres at the highest point!) so you’re much more likely to be able to complete the trek, unlike some other trips. During this time you’ll have time to explore the local areas or take some time out to relax.

So if you’ve got a sense of adventure, and want to show your support of Stonewall in a LGBT friendly country, this is the trek for you! Will you trek for equality?

Download the brochure to find out more about Everest Basecamp Trek.

How do I join Stonewall at Everest Basecamp Trek?

Option A – Sponsorship

Registration fee = £399
Minimum sponsorship = £3,120

You will need to send Stonewall 80% (£2496) of the minimum sponsorship at least 11 weeks prior to departure. The remaining 20% (£624) needs to be sent to us within four weeks of completing the challenge. Remember you don’t just have to ask people to sponsor you to make up the sponsorship amount. For example, you could hold a cake sale at work, organise a quiz in your local or organise raffle to help you get to the grand total.

Option B – Self-fund

Registration fee = £399
Challenge balance = £1,560

10 weeks prior to departure, an invoice will be sent to you for the remaining challenge balance. This must be paid no later than eight weeks prior to departure. Although there is no minimum sponsorship, we suggest a minimum target of £1,000 as this is an extremely demanding challenge!

Secure your place at Trek Everest Base Camp for team Stonewall here:

17 September 2015
19 November 2015 

We will give you lots of fundraising and training tips and advice in the weeks and months leading up to your challenge, to make sure you’re fit for the trek!

The deadline to book your place on Everest Base Camp with team Stonewall is 28 February 2015

If you’re interested in finding out more please contact Rachel on Rachel.mann@stonewall.org.uk or call 020 7593 3477.

(not displayed)

(will appear on this page)

(will appear on this page)

E-newsletter signup

Info bank