Bars and clubs, Stonewall needs you!
To celebrate the first same-sex weddings on 29 March 2014, we asked every gay-friendly bar in England and Wales to hold a ‘Wedding March’ themed night on the 28 and 29 March 2014 and join Stonewall in celebrating marriage equality.
Click here to see what's going on around the country as bars and clubs help us celebrate Equal Marriage!
Here are some fundraising ideas for a night to remember…
- Hold a ‘Wedding March’ themed night and ask everyone to get their wedding outfits on. Have a competition (£2 to enter) and the best dressed for the evening wins a prize!
- A simple and easy way to fundraise for Stonewall is to donate £1 of each entry to us or ask for donations at the door. Contact email@example.com to order your collection box to borrow now.
- No wedding celebration is complete without fancy cocktails – dedicate a drink to the ‘Wedding March’ and donate 50p of each drink bought to Stonewall. Click here for our suggested recipe's and cocktail names for 'Wedding March' cocktails.
- Every couple has their first dance, so why not have a song request hour for your patrons and ask for their alternative first dance for £1 donations for Stonewall.
- You could purchase Stonewall t-shirts and ask the staff to wear them on the night.
If your getting married or not, you can still support Stonewall!
- Ask your local bar if they're taking part by holding a night.
- Organise a celebration at home and countdown to ‘Wedding March’
- Make a donation - click here or text 'LOVE' to 70500 to donate £5
As an added incentive, let us know if you’re holding a ‘Wedding March’ night in aid of Stonewall (email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7593 3477) and we’ll mention you to our 55,000+ Twitter followers.
Once I’ve held a ‘Wedding March’ themed night, how do I donate the money raised back to Stonewall?
If you are lucky enough to be getting married...
- Why not set up a gift list where guests donate to Stonewall?
- Use our lovely invitations and favours
Email Lynn at email@example.com for more information!
Good luck with organising your event!