Our ambition is to help shape a Wales where people are free to be themselves, organisations help drive change, public attitudes improve, prejudice is challenged, and laws protect LGBT people. We facilitate sustainable improvement through business and community partners, and role models and allies. We drive improvements in service delivery through providers across Wales. Our campaigning and communications reaches further and deeper into communities and promotes positive attitudes towards LGBT people. We work with legislators and policy leads to shape Wales’ framework of LGBT rights. We deliver the business plan in an authentically Welsh context whilst remaining true to and informing the development of Stonewall’s overall business priorities.
Stonewall’s Membership and Empowerment Programmes
Stonewall Programmes exist to accelerate equality for LGBT people by:
- helping businesses, charities, public services and educational institutions to develop inclusive cultures through membership of one our innovative Champion programmes
- expertly supporting the professional and personal development of individual LGBT leaders, role models and allies
We work with a variety of organisations, including workplaces, schools, universities, and healthcare providers, to ensure they offer inclusive, equal and inspiring environments for lesbian, gay, bi and trans people. We believe that different experiences and perspectives can help organisations to flourish. We will help institutions to recognise the value of these different perspectives, and the benefits they bring all employees, service users and members of the community.
As part of our programmes we provide a range of services to our members, including:
• Tailored support and advice from our trained account managers
• Access to best practice guidance, through our publications, seminars and conferences
• Opportunities to profile themselves as employers of choice through use of our logos, careers guide and job site
These are all detailed online at http://www.stonewall.cymru
Stonewall’s Empowerment Programmes.
Stonewall’s growing portfolio of bespoke, innovative and highly commended personal and professional development programmes, all exist to accelerate equality for LGBT people in the workplace and wider communities by:
- expertly supporting the professional and personal development of LGBT leaders, role models and allies
- creating and supporting a growing network of influential Stonewall Alumni who are visible lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans role models and leaders spanning all sectors and communities
- creating programmes which enable allies and LGBT people to develop campaigns to effect positive change in their own communities and to build inclusive cultures together, and
- creating bespoke resources and programmes which empower and enable individuals, organisations and communities to provide an inclusive environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people.
All our personal and professional development programmes are delivered to a vast range of organisations and communities, to people at all levels of seniority, across GB. Our programmes are also delivered in-house as bespoke programmes.
The post of Programmes Officer is central to our continued success in improving the workplace for lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people. You will be working closely with your clients to understand their businesses and provide tailored advice and support to drive best practice and positively impact their staff. The post holder will be responsible for implementing initiatives to create partnerships between clients to support the programme’s continued growth and maximise positive impact on the lives of LGBT people.