Inclusive societies not only benefit individuals, but enable companies and economies to flourish. That’s why we created Global Diversity Champions, a programme for ensuring all lesbian, gay, bi and trans staff are accepted without exception in workplaces worldwide.
In more than half the world, LGBT people may not be protected by workplace law. LGBT people face discrimination in every country, and same-sex relationships are criminalised in more than 70. This poses serious legal, ethical and practical challenges to employers who want to uphold inclusive values globally.
With the legislative and social landscape ever changing for LGBT people worldwide, the Global Diversity Champions programme provides expertise and a network to keep international organisations informed of changes and the implications for their staff wherever they are in the world. It gives you the tools you need to take a strategic and structured approach to LGBT equality initiatives globally.
Why become a Global Diversity Champion?
Embed your values worldwide to unlock the potential of your staff
We'll help ensure your organisation is LGBT inclusive and your values are embedded in your workplaces across the globe. Staff will be able to bring their whole selves to work, driving higher levels of motivation, satisfaction and productivity. Embedding your values can drive customer engagement by creating a consistent brand.
Your dedicated account manager will:
- Share our detailed country briefings, in-depth reports giving up-to-date information on the LGBT legal and cultural situation in hotspot countries
- Review your policies to ensure they’re LGBT inclusive and sensitively communicated to all staff, wherever your operations are based
- Share our library of research and best-practice guides with you, ranging from advice on setting up a network group to creating a transitioning at work policy
- Guide you through the Global Workplace Equality Index, our definitive benchmarking tool assessing your organisation’s progress on LGBT equality against Stonewall’s best practice and others operating in the same geographical context
- Give you tailored feedback on your Index submission so you can plan your next steps towards an LGBT-inclusive workplace
Attract and retain the best talent
Partner with Stonewall to showcase your values to staff and jobseekers. Let them know you’re committed to inclusion and recruiting diverse talent.
You will be able to:
- Use our Global Diversity Champions logo and branding in your internal and external messaging to show your commitment to LGBT equality
- Raise your profile as an LGBT employer of choice by featuring in the Starting Out careers guide, the UK’s only national LGBT careers guide, available online and distributed in hard copy across the UK
- Reach a wider talent pool by advertising on Proud Employers, the UK’s only professional LGBT job site, exclusively for Diversity Champions. New members receive five free job listings, worth over £500
Build your professional network
The opportunities you’ll have to share best practice and collaborate mean you’ll be at the cutting edge of LGBT inclusion in the workplace, and never at a loss about how to proceed.
You and your colleagues will have access to:
- Our vibrant network of more than 100 global organisations, with great opportunities to share your ideas and collaborate on new initiatives
- Our free bi-monthly webinars and events, where you'll discover emerging best practice and applicable tips on priority diversity and inclusion topics
- Discounted rates for our range of Workplace conferences across the UK and for our programmes
- Opportunities to learn from or be profiled as case studies in our guides and research, and to share your work as a speaker at one of our events
LGB employees comfortable being out in the workplace are 67% more likely to be satisfied with their sense of achievement
Trans employees who are comfortable disclosing their gender identity are 77% more likely to be satisfied with their job security
Source: Top 100 Employers 2017
Join the programme
With your help, we’ll continue to work towards a world where every single lesbian, gay, bi and trans person is accepted without exception.
Join the programme by contacting our team on +44(0)20 7593 3473, or alternatively fill in the form below and one of our team will be in touch shortly with more information.