We believe that people perform better when they can be themselves. That's why we created Diversity Champions, Britain’s leading employers' programme for ensuring all lesbian, gay, bi and trans staff are accepted without exception in the workplace.
We work with over 700 organisations, all of whom share our core belief in the power of a workplace that is truly equal, and through them we've helped create inclusive and accepting environments for almost a quarter of the UK workforce.
Benefits of membership
- Business performance: by demonstrating your organisation is LGBT inclusive, you’ll see improved talent attraction and retention
- Innovation and collaboration: the programme will help you bring together staff from different backgrounds, allowing you to gain new perspectives on business challenges
- Individual performance: we’ll help make sure your organisation is LGBT inclusive; this will allow staff to bring their authentic self to work and lead to higher levels of motivation, satisfaction and productivity
The Stonewall Diversity Champions programme is an excellent framework for creating a workplace that enables LGBT staff to reach their potential.'
Professor Anthony Smith, Vice-Provost Education and Student Affairs, University College London
Features of membership
Expertise and guidance:
- Dedicated point of contact: our client account managers have a wealth of knowledge about best practice in your sector and region
- Policy review: we’ll help you ensure your policies are inclusive and communicated to all of your staff effectively
- Networking opportunities: you and your colleagues will gain access to our vibrant network of more than 740 organisations, with great opportunities to share your ideas and collaborate on new initiatives
- Regular updates: we’ll share our library of research and best-practice guides with you, ranging from advice on setting up a network group to creating a transitioning at work policy
- Free seminar series: we host events across the UK to share new approaches and practical solutions
Visibility and branding:
- Stonewall Diversity Champions branding: use our logo in your internal and external messaging to demonstrate your clear commitment to LGBT equality
- Feature in Stonewall’s Starting Out careers guide: raise your profile as an employer of choice in the UK’s only national LGBT careers guide, available online and distributed in hard copy across the UK
- Proud Employers: reach a wider talent pool by advertising on the UK’s only professional LGBT job site, exclusively for Diversity Champions. New members receive five free job listings, worth over £500
Strategy and benchmarking
- Workplace Equality Index: use our definitive benchmarking tool to assess your organisation’s progress on LGBT equality against Stonewall’s best practice and others in your sector
- The Workplace Equality Index is free to enter for any UK employer, but Diversity Champions benefit from step-by-step support throughout the submission process and a tailored feedback meeting to plan their next steps
Being able to display the Stonewall logo helps send out a very positive message of support for LGBT issues both to staff and clients.'
Nick Mott, partner at Dentons
- 30% discount for our Workplace conferences – at our annual London, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Leeds conferences, you can discover emerging best practice and return to your organisation with innovative and practical ideas
- 30% discount for our Leadership programme – a unique career-development opportunity for senior LGBT professionals, explore what it means to be a leader and your authentic self
- 10% discount for our Role Models programme: an opportunity to explore what it means to be an LGBT role model and identify how to create an inclusive environment for everyone
- 10% discount for our Allies programme: a programme to explore what it means to be an authentic and inclusive ally to LGBT people in the workplace
LGB employees comfortable being out in the workplace are 67% more likely to be satisfied with their sense of achievement
Trans employees comfortable disclosing their gender identity are 77% more likely to be satisfied with their job security
Join the programme
With your help, we’ll continue to work towards a world where every single lesbian, gay, bi and trans person is accepted without exception.
Join the programme by contacting our team on +44(0)20 7593 3473, or alternatively fill in the form below and one of our team will be in touch shortly with more information.