Individuals make change happen
The Stonewall one-day Allies programme gives non-LGBT individuals the opportunity to explore what it means to be an ally and the space to identify how they are going to create an inclusive environment for everyone.
What the programme offers
- Insight into what it means to be yourself
- Understanding of what it means to be an ally and why it is important to have visible and active allies in the workplace
- Practical ways to step up as an ally
- Opportunities to explore and develop inclusive behaviours and approaches
- Active listening skills and techniques for having good quality conversations
- Increased motivation and confidence to become a visible and influential ally
- A network of peers from across a range of sectors and communities
Who can attend
Stonewall’s Allies programme is designed for non-LGBT individuals at any level from any sector or industry.
We want to hear from professionals from a range of workplaces. We encourage diversity across our programmes, in terms of ethnic backgrounds, people of faith, disabled people, women and non-binary people – and of course those at the intersections of these identities.
Annie is an Anglican Chaplin from York St John University. As Stonewall programme alumni, she is committed to being a visible ally and finding effective ways to stand proudly by the side of LGBT people. Read more of Annie’s story.
As a result of the Allies programme, our Vice Chancellor now has a monthly reminder in his diary asking what he is doing as an ally for our LGBT staff in the coming month
85% of participants ‘strongly agreed’ or ‘agreed’ that the programme made them more confident in stepping up as an ally to LGBT people
81% of participants ‘strongly agreed’ or ‘agreed’ that the programme helped them to contribute to positive change in their workplace
I now understand the importance of others being themselves in the workplace and the collective benefit that brings
Places are available on the following dates:
More open programmes around the UK will be added soon.
We offer in-house Allies programmes for groups of 12 to 36 - email email@example.com for more information.
Trans Allies programme
As part of Stonewall’s commitment to trans equality, we are proud to launch Trans Allies. This new one-day programme is designed to empower individuals who believe trans people should be able to be themselves and reach their full potential in the workplace.
The Stonewall Trans Allies programme gives individuals the chance to explore the experiences of trans people at work, the space to identify how to create a trans-inclusive environment, and the confidence to step up as an ally to trans people.
Who can apply?
The Trans Allies programme is designed for non-trans individuals, including those who are lesbian, gay and bi.
To apply for an in-house Trans Allies programme with your organisation, for groups of 12 – 36, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below.
What does this programme offer?
• Understanding of the specific experiences and challenges for trans people.
• Practical ways to step up as an ally to trans people.
• Motivation and confidence to be visible and influential as an ally to trans people.
• Opportunity to explore and develop trans-inclusive behaviours and practices.
• Tools to become active agents of change within an organisation.
Register your interest
- £325 + VAT per person for members of our Diversity Champions programme
- £365 + VAT per person for non-members