Individuals make change happen
The Stonewall Leadership Programme is a unique opportunity for senior LGBT professionals to explore what it means to be an authentic leader and to reflect on the relationship between your identity as an LGBT person and your leadership performance in the workplace.
What the programme offers
The Stonewall Leadership Programme is a CPD accredited intensive two-day residential, which offers a selected group of 36 professionals a powerful opportunity to:
- Reflect on how their identity as an LGBT person impacts on their role as a leader in the workplace
- Find out for themselves what it means to be a leader
- Explore how they can be a more effective organisational role model
- Network and forge on-going relationships with other lesbian, gay, bi and trans professionals from the private, public and third sectors
- Download the Leadership Programme leaflet (PDF)
Who can apply
Stonewall’s Leadership Programme is a specially designed programme for LGBT professionals at a senior management level from any sector or industry.
Stonewall is looking for a diverse range of participants for its programmes, especially those that are currently underrepresented at application stage. We want to hear from senior LGBT professionals from a range of ethnic backgrounds, people of faith, disabled people, women and non-binary people – and of course those who are at the intersections of these identities.
As Stonewall alumni, we have created a network where we help each other. This is incredibly powerful...
Sam is Lieutenant Commander Royal Navy and co-chair of the Compass Network (the sexual orientation and gender identity network of the Naval Service). The Leadership Programme gave Sam the confidence to be more open about myself, to not worry so much about what people thought and offered me a better understanding of other people. Read more of Sam's story.
100% of delegates rated the programme as 'excellent' or 'very good' overall
100% said they fully or mostly achieved what they wanted from the programme
When and where?
- Date: Wednesday 23 November (evening arrival) – Friday 25 November
- Times: 9am – 5.30pm both days
- Venue: Fanhams Hall, Hertfordshire
Deadline: Friday 9 September
- You will need to upload a CV with your submission
- We aim to advise all applicants of the outcome of their application from mid-October
If you would like to find out more information, please email email@example.com. You can also call 020 7593 3479 for further information.
- £1255 + VAT per person for members of our Diversity Champion programme
- £1905 + VAT per person for non-members
Programme rates include the following:
- Two-day residence at Fanhams Hall, including overnight accommodation on Wednesday and Thursday
- All meals and refreshments including evening reception dinner on Wednesday and Thursday
- The two-day programme
- Attendance at the six-month reunion including lunch and refreshments
Please note: we encourage participants to arrive on the night of Wednesday 23 November for networking opportunities and dinner.
Now in its 12th year, the Stonewall Leadership Programme is underpinned by the notion that people perform better when they can be themselves. Having visible role models, especially those who we don’t ordinarily see, is crucial to changing workplaces. The programme focuses on the idea that the most effective leaders are able to be themselves in their approach and explores how sexual orientation and gender identity relate to this.