We know that people perform better when they can be themselves. That's why we created Diversity Champions, Britain’s leading employers' programme for ensuring all lesbian, gay, bi and trans staff are accepted without exception in the workplace.
We work with over 700 organisations, all of whom share our core belief in the power of a workplace that is truly equal, and through them we've helped create inclusive and accepting environments for almost a quarter of the UK workforce.
Members can expect a range of benefits.
Increase staff motivation, satisfaction and productivity
We will help ensure your organisation is LGBT inclusive. Staff will be able to bring their authentic self to work, leading to higher levels of motivation, satisfaction and productivity.
Your dedicated account manager will:
- Share our library of research and best-practice guides with you, ranging from advice on setting up a network group to creating a transitioning at work policy.
- Guide you through the Workplace Equality Index, our definitive benchmarking tool assessing your organisation’s progress on LGBT equality against Stonewall’s best practice and others in your sector.
- Give you tailored feedback on your Index submission so you can plan your next steps towards an LGBT-inclusive workplace.
- Review your policies to ensure they’re LGBT-inclusive and effectively communicated to all staff.
The Stonewall Diversity Champions programme is an excellent framework for creating a workplace that enables LGBT staff to reach their potential.
Professor Anthony Smith, Vice-Provost Education and Student Affairs, University College London
Attract and retain the best talent
Reaching out to LGBT jobseekers, and visibly demonstrating your organisation is LGBT-inclusive, will help you attract and retain the best, most diverse talent.
You will be able to:
- Use our logo and branding in your internal and external messaging to show your clear commitment to LGBT equality.
- Raise your profile as an LGBT employer of choice by featuring in the Starting Out careers guide, the UK’s only national LGBT careers guide, available online and distributed in hard copy across the UK.
- Reach a wider talent pool by advertising on Proud Employers, the UK’s only professional LGBT job site, exclusively for Diversity Champions. New members receive five free job listings, worth over £500.
Being able to display the Stonewall logo helps send out a very positive message of support for LGBT issues both to staff and clients.
Nick Mott, partner at Dentons
Share best practice and collaborate
The opportunities you’ll have to share best practice and collaborate mean you’ll be at the cutting edge of LGBT inclusion in the workplace, and never at a loss about how to proceed.
You and your colleagues will have access to:
- Our vibrant network of more than 700 organisations, with great opportunities to share your ideas and collaborate on new initiatives
- Our free seminar series, hosted across the UK, where Stonewall and our Diversity Champions share new approaches and practical solutions
- 30% discount for our Workplace conferences: at our annual London, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Leeds conferences, you can discover emerging best practice and return to your organisation with innovative and practical ideas
- 30% discount for our Leadership programme: a unique career-development opportunity for senior LGBT professionals, explore what it means to be a leader and your authentic self
- 10% discount for our Role Models programme: an opportunity to explore what it means to be an LGBT role model and identify how to create an inclusive environment for everyone
- 10% discount for our Allies programme: a programme to explore what it means to be an authentic and inclusive ally to LGBT people in the workplace
LGB employees comfortable being out in the workplace are 67% more likely to be satisfied with their sense of achievement
Trans employees comfortable disclosing their gender identity are 77% more likely to be satisfied with their job security
Join the programme
With your help, we’ll continue to work towards a world where every single lesbian, gay, bi and trans person is accepted without exception.
Join the programme by contacting our team on +44 (0)20 7593 3473, or alternatively fill in the form below and one of our team will be in touch shortly with more information.