Get involved with LGBT History Month - at school
There are lots of ways the whole school community can get involved in LGBT History Month. Here are some ways Stonewall Cymru can support schools and colleges, as well as students, to get involved.
Join up to the ground breaking School Champions Programme
Stonewall Cymru's School Champions programme supports schools in preventing and tackling homophobic bullying, as well as celebrating difference. Benefits of joining the programme include:
- Role model visits for LGBT History Month - Our high profile school visits are exclusive to our members and have included Sir Ian McKellen, Lance Corporal James Wharton, Layton Williams and individuals from a range of organisations.
- Get training during LGBT History Month - Receive high quality bespoke training for your staff from Stonewall's education team.
- Stonewall Homophobic bullying Assembly template for the month - Our presentation template has been designed to help teachers deliver their own assemblies on tackling homophobic bullying and include comprehensive teacher notes.
If your school isn't already part of the programme, click here for more information or sign up today!
Get a Stonewall LGBT History Month resource pack
We offer fantastic resources to help schools celebrate LGBT History Month and to help teachers and students tackle homophobic bullying in their schools and local communities. Order your LGBT History Month resource pack here.
An LGBT History Month resource pack is £7.50 (free to School Champions members). For secondary school teachers wishing to tackle homophobic bullying. This includes:
- The School Report - Based on a survey of over 1,600 lesbian, gay and bisexual young people's experiences of homophobic bullying
- Education for All Youth Campaign guide
- Three curriculum leaflets with ideas on how to develop lesson plans in Science, History and PSHE
- LGBT History Quiz
- 10 'Some People Are Gay. Get Over It!' posters
- 25 'Some People Are Gay. Get Over It!' postcards
- 50 'Some People Are Gay. Get Over It!' stickers
- 5 Education for All Youth Campaign posters
- 25 Education for All Youth Campaign postcards
To order a pack contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0207 593 1850 to speak to a member of the education team.
Hold a fun event to raise funds and awareness for Stonewall
There are lots of fun ways you can raise funds to help support Stonewall's work to prevent and tackle homophobic bullying. Find out more.
Please let us know if we can help you prepare for your LGBT History Month activities. Contact email@example.com or phone 0207 593 1850 to speak to a member of the education team.