Visit Starting Out, Stonewall's guide for LGB jobseekers, for hints and summaries of LGB friendly employers
Working for Stonewall
Stonewall believes that our staff are our most precious resource. We aim to recruit the very best staff with a mix of private, public and third sector backgrounds and have an ambition to make Stonewall an employer of choice. We've reviewed our benefits package
in recent years to reflect this.
In our most recent (March 2010) staff survey
- 100% of staff said they were proud to work for Stonewall
- 97.8% of staff said their work gives them a sense of personal achievement
- 97.8% of staff said that working for Stonewall is fun
- 95.5% of staff said they'd recommend Stonewall as a good place to work
We believe we have an obligation to role model some of the objectives that we encourage others to set for themselves and have worked hard in recent years to diversify our workforce. At October 2010:
- 50% of our staff were women (up from 36% in 2006)
- 22% of our London staff were from black and minority ethnic communities (up from 10% in 2006)
- 18% of our staff were disabled (up from 6% in 2006)
- 22% of our staff were heterosexual (up from 8% in 2006)
Benefits of working for Stonewall
Our benefits include:
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 30 after three years service)
- Up to eight per cent of salary contributed to a personal pension scheme
- Free health insurance
- Four weeks full paid sick leave and four weeks half pay rising to 12 weeks full pay and 12 weeks half pay after two years of service
- 24 hour employee support line
- Death in service benefit equivalent to one year's salary
- Childcare vouchers
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Up to five days additional leave with salary sacrifice (after one year's service)
- Cycle to work scheme
Further opportunities with Stonewall
Click here to download a volunteer application form.
Click here for job opportunities at our London office.
Click here for job opportunities at our Scotland office.