There are lots of ways you can Come Out For LGBT at work.
Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
1. Read up on terminology so you can talk about the issues confidently
2. Use a Come Out For LGBT mug or wear rainbow lanyards to show your support
3. Call out offensive, negative or abusive language and ‘banter’ when you hear it
4. Order Stonewall resources including posters, research and reports to have in your workplace
5. Set up an LGBT staff network group (or LGBT + Allies/ Friends group)
6. Organise a lunch and learn about LGBT history, stories or experiences
7. Open up space to talk – you could mention LGBT issues you’ve seen in the media and get some real conversations started
8. Work with your HR department to make sure their policies and procedures cover diversity, inclusion, rights and protections for LGBT employees
9. Celebrate LGBT History Month or other awareness days and campaigns to show support
10. March, sponsor or volunteer at your local Pride as an organisation
Stonewall and LGBT equality in the workplace
Stonewall fights for LGBT equality in the workplace in several ways, including working with organisations and individuals on LGBT equality, running a jobsite exclusively for LGBT-inclusive employers, and giving advice to recent graduates.