Train the Trainer for secondary schools
Stonewall's 'Train the Trainer' course will give participants the tools, techniques and confidence they will need to train other staff in school on how to tackle homophobic bullying.
“Fantastic and very informative” | “Clear guidance and advice” | “Stonewall should train other organisations on how to deliver training”
99.9% felt more confident to tackle homophobic bullying in their schools
99.9% would recommend Train the Trainer to others
Feedback from 2014
Our next Train the Trainer courses for secondary schools will take place at the locations below:
Attending a Train the Trainer course means your school will become Stonewall School Champions for a year, with the support, guidance and recognition this entails (please see below).
If you would like to become a School Champions member but cannot attend any of the courses above, you can fill out this online form.
£80+VAT for existing Stonewall School Champions
Homophobic bullying is the second most frequent form of bullying in schools after bullying about weight. 55 per cent of lesbian, gay and bisexual young people say they have experience homophobic bullying. Nine in ten teachers want to tackle the problem, but have never been trained on how to prevent and respond to homophobic bullying.
Stonewall's Train the Trainer series provides pastoral, PSHE and anti-bullying leads with all the knowledge, skills and confidence to train other staff on tackling homophobic bullying and how to meet the requirements under the new Ofsted inspection framework.
- Learn practical techniques to train other staff in your school on how to tackle homophobic bullying and celebrate difference.
- Gain an overview of the current state of homophobic bullying and its impact on pupil achievement and school performance.
- Find out how to meet your Ofsted and legal requirements under the 2012 inspection framework and the Equality Act 2010.
- Be inspired by best practice from other schools.
Schools participating in the programme will receive Stonewall School Champions status with a range of benefits including:
- An extensive pack of Stonewall's acclaimed secondary school resources, such as the feature film 'FIT', a secondary staff training DVD, ideas on how to include sexual orientation across the secondary curriculum, lesson plans, education guides and posters
- Ongoing support, guidance and best practice from Stonewall’s education team, including access to our helpline for schools
- Exclusive access to our Role Models programme, through which we send inspirational external speakers like Sir Ian McKellen into schools to talk about homophobic bullying
- Regular newsletters, briefings and opportunities exclusively for School Champions, as well as exclusive use of the School Champions logo
- Free access to all School Champions twilight seminars held around the country for any staff in your school
- The opportunity to apply for free for our Bronze, Silver and Gold School Champions awards
- Discounted access to future Stonewall events, conferences and training seminars
Who should attend?
- PSHE staff
- Anti-bullying coordinators
- Pastoral leads
- Other interested school staff/education professionals
Finally, check out our homophobic bullying infographic or download our Train the Trainer flyer here.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Alex on 020 7593 1862.