Train the Trainer for secondary schools
Stonewall's Train the Trainer course will give participants the tools, techniques and confidence they need to train other staff in school on how to tackle homophobic bullying.
"Superb" | "Excellent - clear, simple and effective. I feel very confident about using the strategies" | "Very helpful"
100% felt more confident to tackle homophobic bullying in their schools
100% would recommend Train the Trainer to others
Feedback from September 2013
Our next Train the Trainer courses for secondary schools will take place at the locations below.
London - Friday 19th September - BOOK NOW
Manchester - Monday 29th September - BOOK NOW
London - Monday 29th September - BOOK NOW
Sunderland - Thursday 23rd October - BOOK NOW
Coventry - Wednesday 5th November - BOOK NOW
Doncaster - Tuesday 11th November - BOOK NOW
By booking to attend a Train the Trainer course, you will become a School Champions member for a year from the start of the next calendar month after you book (not from after the course itself takes place). Existing School Champions can book to renew their membership or merely to attend the course.
If you would like to become a School Champions member but cannot attend any of the courses above, you can fill out this online form.
£80+VAT for existing Stonewall School Champions
Homophobic bullying is the second most frequent form of bullying in schools after bullying about weight. 55 per cent of lesbian, gay and bisexual young people say they have experience homophobic bullying. Nine in ten teachers want to tackle the problem, but have never been trained on how to prevent and respond to homophobic bullying.
Stonewall's Train the Trainer series provides pastoral, PSHE and anti-bullying leads with all the knowledge, skills and confidence to train other staff on tackling homophobic bullying and how to meet the requirements under the new Ofsted inspection framework.
- Learn practical techniques to train other staff in your school on how to tackle homophobic bullying and celebrate difference.
- Gain an overview of the current state of homophobic bullying and its impact on pupil achievement and school performance.
- Find out how to meet your Ofsted and legal requirements under the 2012 inspection framework and the Equality Act 2010.
- Be inspired by best practice from other schools.
Schools participating in the programme will receive Stonewall School Champions status with a range of benefits including:
- An extensive pack of Stonewall's acclaimed secondary school resources and interactive learning aids - such as the feature film 'FIT' to prompt classroom discussion, a secondary staff training DVD, ideas on how to include sexual orientation across the secondary curriculum, lesson plans, education guides and posters
- Exclusive use of the School Champions logo
- An initial needs assessment to help you benchmark your policies against best
practice and devise a school action plan
- Discounted access to future Stonewall events, conferences and training seminars
- Access to our helpline for schools throughout the year
- The opportunity for your school to participate in our youth programmes
- Exclusive access to visits by our Role Models to deliver assemblies to pupils
Who should attend?
- PSHE staff
- Anti-bullying coordinators
- Pastoral leads
Finally, check out our homophobic bullying infographic.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Alex on 020 7593 1862.