Stonewall's Health Champions programme, funded by the Department of Health, will provide free support to 20 NHS organisations in England for one year to improve health services for lesbian, gay and bisexual people.
Stonewall research has clearly demonstrated that lesbian, gay and bisexual people face significant health inequalities as well discrimination when accessing health services. Based upon the in-depth support we have provided to 50 NHS organisations, the programme will offer member organisations practical advice to help them achieve real improvements in the care they provide to local gay people and their families.
Each Health Champion will receive:
- Consultancy worth over £6,500
- A free initial needs assessment based on Stonewall health research
- Support to establish a lesbian, gay and bisexual network group for staff
- Access to NHS specific training on sexual orientation equality
- Support entering the first Stonewall Healthcare Equality Index to benchmark progress year on year
- A benchmarking meeting to identify next steps at the end of the programme
To apply, download an Health Champions Application form
Deadline for applications is 26th April
Please return completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more call 0207 5932829