We are recruiting a number new posts as part of our continued growth. Please see below for more details:
Account Manager (Private Sector)
Stonewall Programmes exist to accelerate equality for LGBT people by:
- helping businesses, charities, public services and educational institutions to develop inclusive cultures through membership of one our innovative Champion programmes
- expertly supporting the professional and personal development of individual LGBT leaders, role models and allies
The Diversity Champions programme is Britain’s leading employers’ membership forum, creating and sharing best practice for lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans equality. With over 725 member organisations from public, private and third sectors who employ over thirteen million staff, our programme is the largest employer diversity forum in the world.
The post of Account Manager is central to our continued success in improving the workplace for lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people. You will be working closely with your clients to understand their businesses and provide tailored advice and support to drive best practice and positively impact their staff. You will have responsibility for increasing membership of the UK and Global Diversity Champions Programmes in line with ambitious annual targets across dedicated private sector industries.
Our current Account Managers love :
- The variety of the role. One day they are delivering feedback to a client and the next giving a speech at a conference or event. It’s interesting and challenging work and you are rarely tied to your desk.
- Communicating with a range of clients, helping them to build high performing, diverse teams and improve their employer brand.
- Challenging clients in a supportive way to understand the benefits of leading on LGBT equality and making lasting change.
- Being proud ambassadors for Stonewall and delivering our ambitious vision.
- Meeting and exceeding challenging targets and generating income to support our campaigns and social change work.
- Being trusted with a lot of responsibility at an early stage of their career.
- Being part of an ambitious and truly supportive team who have a lot of fun.
Account Manager (Private Sector) - Recruitment Pack
Account Manager (Private Sector) - Application Form
Account Manager (Private Sector) - Recruitment Analysis
The deadline for the submission of completed applications is 12 noon on 23 March 2015. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please also ensure that you return the recruitment analysis form with your application.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, this is an exciting opportunity to join Stonewall’s communications team. As the Communications Manager you will be involved in internal and external communications, providing guidance to a fast paced, growing charity, as well as managing a busy press office.
Communications Manager - Recruitment Pack
Communications Manager - Application Form
Communications Manager - Recruitment Analysis
The deadline for the submission of completed applications is 12 noon on 18 March 2015. Please email your application to email@example.com . Please also ensure that you return the recruitment analysis form with your application.
Visit Proud Employers for vacancies at LGB friendly employers
Visit Starting Out, Stonewall's guide for LGB jobseekers, for hints and summaries of LGB friendly employers
Working for Stonewall
Stonewall believes that our staff are our most precious resource. We aim to recruit the very best staff with a mix of private, public and third sector backgrounds and have an ambition to make Stonewall an employer of choice. We've reviewed our benefits package in recent years to reflect this.
In our most recent (May 2014) staff survey
- 97% of staff said they were proud to work for Stonewall
- 92% of staff said that working for Stonewall is fun
- 97% of staff said that they enjoy what they do
We believe we have an obligation to role model some of the objectives that we encourage others to set for themselves and have worked hard in recent years to diversify our workforce. At May 2014:
- 62% of our staff were women
- 11% of our staff were from black and minority ethnic communities
- 10% of our staff consider themselves to be disabled
- 31% of our staff were heterosexual
- 13% of our staff were bisexual
- 76% of our staff were 34 and under
Benefits of working for Stonewall
Our benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 27 after three years service), three additional 'Stonewall Days' over Christmas and eight statutory holidays
- Up to 9% of salary contributed to a group pension scheme
- Free health insurance
- Four weeks full paid sick leave and four weeks half pay rising to 12 weeks full pay and 12 weeks half pay after two years of service
- 24 hour employee support line
- Death in service benefit equivalent to two year's salary
- Childcare vouchers
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Up to ten days additional leave with salary sacrifice (after one year's service)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free annual flu vaccination
For information on volunteer opportunities click here
For more information on internship opportunities click here